Jennifer Bliss Joins Sleepy Hollow Stables at Sleepy Hollow C. C. as Trainer and Rider
Jennifer Bliss of North Salem has joined Sleepy Hollow Stables at Sleepy Hollow Country Club as a trainer and rider.
In making the announcement, Head Trainer and Equestrian Department Manager Geoffrey Case, said: “We are pleased to welcome Jennifer whose vast experience with ponies and top-level hunters perfectly rounds out our stable for riders of all levels and disciplines. In keeping with our ongoing enhancement of the equestrian program, Jennifer adds to the high quality, experienced staff we have assembled.”
Mr. Case has had long-time success as a Show Jumping and Equitation trainer and Grand Prix competitor. The staff also includes Ashley Woodhouse, trainer and Stables Manager Megan Mulrooney.
Ms. Bliss, who grew up in Bedford, first became very involved with horses at a very young age through her parents. As a young rider, she won many titles in the Pony Hunter divisions including multiple championships at Pony Finals and four National Horse of the Year awards.
As a professional rider, she gained valuable experience working under renowned riders Scott Stewart and Kate Oliver. Among her recent professional riding accomplishments are the 2010 World Champion Hunter Rider (WCHR) Northeast Region Emerging Pro Champion and the 2011 WCHR Emerging Pro High Score Award at the Winter Equestrian Festival.
In 2007, she opened her own business, Harris Hill Form in Milford, Connecticut, where she trains junior and amateur riders and helps develop hunters. Her students have enjoyed success at such top shows including Wellington, Devon and the Capital Challenge.
Ms. Bliss is also a member of the U.S. Hunter Jumper Association and a Rider Ambassador for JustWorld International.
Sleepy Hollow Country Club, which is celebrating its centennial year, is revitalizing and enhancing its premier equestrian program with state-of-the art renovations, as well as the appointment of a Grand Prix training staff. The Club is one of only about 12 country clubs in the U.S. that has an equestrian program.
Sleepy Hollow Stables is a beautiful 45-stall, two-story stone-and-brick building. It is comprised of an oak-paneled riders lounge, with a wood burning fireplace for rider leisure and social events. The large outdoor grand prix ring consists of hunter and jumper courses, as well as the latest in technology Footing First material. Additionally, the smaller hedge-lined outdoor ring and stunning indoor with heated viewing room, ensure that clients can ride in all weather conditions. The facility also boasts a smaller indoor lunging ring and multiple private turnout grass paddocks for year-round use, as well as a medical paddock. Located directly adjacent to the Rockefeller Preserve, the boarders at Sleepy Hollow Country Club have access to over 2,500 acres in trails overlooking the scenic Hudson River.
The Vanderbilt Family built the stunning equestrian facility at Sleepy Hollow Country Club in the early 1900’s. It began with the beautiful clubhouse, which originally served as a private mansion. The Country Club features a top-100 golf course, a top-50 tennis program, and a top-50 squash program. Catering to adults and children, as well as all levels of ability—beginner through Grand Prix—SHS is the ideal facility and program to inspire confidence and make riding a real pleasure.
- Posted in News
- Tagged Jennifer Bliss, Sleepy Hollow Country Club, Sleepy Hollow Stables
- Leave a comment
- T&B Team at 42
- T&B Partner Featured In Westfair Online
- The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester Announces New General Manager
- PROVIDENT BANK NAMES KEY LEADERS
- Iona College Works with Operation: Support Our Troops to Send More than 1,100 Holiday Care Packages To Troops Overseas
- Fortune Ridge at Southeast, a ‘New’ Old-Fashioned Neighborhood of Traditional Homes, Opens for Sales
- Mauro Romita, President of Castle Oil, Elected to the Board of Directors of Community Mutual Savings Bank
- The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester Announces Holiday Events for the Whole Family
- Main Street Connect Celebrates Grand Opening of Westchester Headquarters with Reception Attended by Congresswoman Nita Lowey & Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino
- Judith Huntington Inaugurated as 13th President of the College of New Rochelle
- Cross County Shopping Center Marks Start of New Era with VIP RElaunch Ceremony
- Artists Young and Old Invited by White Plains Hospital to Help Publicize Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- The Kensington to Hold Grand Opening Celebration from Sept. 8 through Sept. 10
- Social Media Provides its Users Opportunity to Share or Find Their Passion
- New Signage Installed at Provident Bank Park
- Sleepy Hollow Stables to Compete in Hampton Classic and Pfizer $1 Million Grand Prix
- Young Dressage Rider Takes Top Honors at Major Competition Event in Kentucky
- Yonkers Downtown Business Improvement District Welcomes La Bella Havana to City
- The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester Unveils Fall Flavor for “Cupcakes That Care” Program
- 19th Annual Yonkers Riverfest, Year’s Biggest Outdoor Celebration, is set for September 10
- Jennifer Bliss Joins Sleepy Hollow Stables at Sleepy Hollow C. C. as Trainer and Rider
- “Think Pink” T-Shirt Design Contest to Benefit WPH’s Dickstein Cancer Treatment Center
- Iona College to Honor 15 Alumni and Others Who Lost Their Lives in Tenth Anniversary 9/11 Memorial Service, Other Events Planned to Pay Tribute to 9/11
- Bistro Z in Tarrytown Offers ‘Great Value’ Outdoor Barbecue Every Thursday Night
- Patients at White Plains Hospital Benefit From Donation of iPads